Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Polar Express in Bryson City, NC

Last Christmas I made reservations for my family and my parents to go to Bryson City to ride the Polar Express. I kept it a secret from my children for a whole YEAR!!! My parents rented a van from Toyota and then we surprised the children at Daycare on Friday afternoon early. We stopped in Winston Salem to see my grandmother and spent the night. Saturday morning we kept driving to the mountains. It was such a wonderful time. My children had never seen the mountains or stayed in a hotel! James was very excited about the Sleep Inn! We had bought First Class tickets. We got special treats, and Hot chocolate (like in the movie) in ceramic mugs. The waiters danced around, the Polar Express book was read out loud, and Santa came and gave every child a bell. The best part was that all 6 of us wore our pajamas and bath robes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment